Thursday, September 11, 2014

NYDM/CADM Annual

What a cryptic title! Well, that's what I found when I was looking for a metal show to attend and celebrate my b-day. It's a 4-day festival and the most famous band is the death metal legend Possessed. I was unable to go that day though so I went the first day on which Short Fuse was the headliner (with Boudica, Bombs Overhead, etc, as openers.) To be honest, I have not heard of any of these bands before. I found some YouTube videos before going and was impressed. And I was even more impressed after hearing them live at Oakland Metro. The show featured a good variety of styles: grindcore, death metal, black metal. Also, there were interesting bass/guitar/keyboard work as well as female vocal. And I picked up a free EP "In Nomine Umbra" by black metal band IV Never More. Again, much better than expected and showed awesome song writing skills. I'm more happy listening to them than the more well-known yet commercialized bands out there.

No comments: