Wednesday, November 09, 2011

我的結他雜記: 購買結他欲望停不了

I found out my Steinberger Spirit got some buzz when I played barre chord for the Berklee assignments. I'm not sure if I'm pressing the fretboard with the right pressure. I think it has more to do with the low E and A strings. In fact, even if I play single notes on these 2 strings, I need to be careful. Cannot press too hard and pick too hard or it will buzz. Fortunately, the buzz is not that noticeable when I record my playing for homeworks using the Korg Pandora. I like the Pandora a lot BTW. 
Anyway, seems like I have an excuse to buy a new guitar. Looked at these 2:

The former is about $350 after tax while the latter is about $1000. Basically, they model after Gibson ES-335 and ES-125.

ES-335 is played by both jazz, blues or even rock guitarist. According to that review, it's good with distortion. Feedback is not a problem.

ES-125 looks more like a jazz guitar. 

好想買支正宗jazz archtop,但人生好似又點都要買支ES335 style既結他,果支Peavey係cheap野,可以慳d錢。

About buying guitar, I think if I ever visit Japan, I'll check out those vintage (70s) Japanese copy of American guitar. Ibanez and Tokai copied quite a bit of Gibson, including ES335 and ES175 back then and they were of high quality. 聽講東京御茶之水有好多二手樂器店:
http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_645e03fb0100gxxw.html
To fly the guitar back home, this might be useful:
 

No comments: