Saturday, February 04, 2006

Podcast: Metal Injection Guerilla Radio

IMO Metal Injection has become a force to be reckoned with in the area of metal media. Its Guerilla Radio is a group of podcasts that gear towards different sub-genre of metal. My favorites are the Entropy League and MSRCast, both of them are mentioned in this blog before and just recently joined force with Metal Injection.

In addition to these 2, Dead Zone is growing on me too. If there's a podcast episode that I wanna listen to over and over again, this one for melodic death metal gotta be it. Prior to this my only exposure to melodic death was pretty much limited to Children of Bodom. The bands on this podcast might not be as famous but are equally awesome. BTW, I think the term melodic death is kind of a misnomer. Death metal as it was played by its forefathers like Death and Obituary sounded quite melodic to me! In any case, the return to more emphasis on good guitar playing (especially solo!) is definitely a direction I'm glad to see.

No comments: